More Support. Awesome Feedback. Professional Lessons.
Welcome to the GL365 Academy!
Carl, so glad you got the Tone course up and running. I’m really enjoying it and learning a lot. I look forward to seeing new lessons as they are added. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback Steve! More will be going live pretty much every week, so keep checking back! 🙂
Does this section of videos require premium plus?
The lessons in the GL365 Academy require at least a Premium subscription. A regular Premium subscription will give you full access to the academy. 🙂
The whole entire series has been incredibly informative and insightful. I noticed you mentioned that you were using a Line 6 Helix LT. Just had a few questions:
1. I recently purchased a Line 6 Firehawk which seems to be a more basic version of the Helix. Just for home use, but would you recommend the upgrade? Also, I’m not sure, but the tones you create and share…are they compatible with the Firehawk (share the same cloud for tones)?
2. In all of your song tutorials, your tones are so on point. Would you ever consider a tutorial for specific song or player tones (I.e. Slash, EVH, etc.) or your best interpretation of them? Or…for instance…the different tone setups for a particular song?
Sorry so lengthy. Awesome site and great work!
Hey John. Great questions.
1. I am not very familiar with the Firehawk so I don’t know much about it. I know the Helix can do much more though. I searched the web to find information about whether they where compatible but couldn’t find anything about that either.
2. I will be doing song and player specific tones in both the GL365 Academy course and some on YouTube as well… The ones in the academy will come after I cover all of the effects in the signal chain. The course should be at that point within a few weeks from now and then it is all about having fun dialing in cool tones and creating your own using the knowledge you learned earlier in the course. 🙂
More tones lessons coming in a day or two!
1. I can’t find anything either online, so I’m assuming that they’re not compatible. Though, I would think you could build tones that would have a similar setup (i.e. a tone you build on your Helix, should be easy to duplicate on the Firehawk…starting from scratch). Either way, I think I’m going to take the plunge and buy the Helix anyways.
2. Awesome news about the song and player specific tones! Can’t wait to see them!
Keep up the great work, sir!!!
Yeah I think you could build the tones following along with the course since it is designed to allow you to use whatever gear you want.
But I agree with you about the Helix. The more time I spend with it, I can see just how incredible it is. Worth every penny!
How do I open or get started after I just signed up having trouble.
Hey Chris! I sent you an email, hopefully you got it. 🙂
Have been having a blast with my Helix!
So, worth the investment.
Can’t wait to see the progression of Guitar Tones section!
What about a video on the Talk Box? Too obscure?
Yeah I don’t know about that one. I have never used one myself. I did own one for a full day though about 20 years ago. Seemed like too labor intensive so I just sent it back. Haha
Hey Carl, I’m sorry for asking many questions recently, but I have a small amount of fret buzz on my Les Paul, wanted to know if its normal and can it be fixed without making the action significantly higher? Thank you in advance and keep shredding!! 🤟🏻
Hey Patrik, a small amount of buzzing is common and sometimes difficult to get rid of if you want to use a low action (like myself).
As long as the buzzing can’t be heard through the amp, it is fine. 🙂
Hey carl, when do you think the new courses for guitar tone will be up.
Maybe today but no later than tomorrow! They are ready to go, just new to get them placed on the site. 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.